Winter can be hard on your clients skin. The cold winds, indoor heating and low humidity levels may well leave their skin dry and lackluster. When this happens, clients can notice that their skin starts to become itchy, and it might start cracking or even peeling. Sadly, as we all know, we can’t control the weather but we can control what we do to look after our clients skin, giving great homecare advice and creating a treatment plan to get the best results for their skin during Winter.
Over the course of the colder months, looking after their skin should become a clients priority. It needs some extra TLC to see it through to spring. If you’re wondering how exactly to switch up your clients skincare routine this winter, the House of Camille team are here to share our top tips.
What is the Importance Of A Skincare Routine
The importance of a skincare routine cannot be stressed enough. If your clients don’t already have one, this will eventually have a detrimental impact on their skin. A regimen of carefully selected products ensures that their skin is thoroughly cleansed and protected throughout the year. As a Skincare Expert you will need to alter this routine in line with the changing seasons, to help your clients get the best from their skin during the colder months.
As a rule of thumb, your clients skincare routine should involve the following steps:
AM – cleanser, toner, serum, eye cream, spot treatments (if necessary), moisturiser, facial oil (if you have very dry skin), SPF
PM – cleanser, toner, serum, exfoliation, eye cream, moisturiser, treatment mask, facial oil.
What Skincare Products Should Your Clients Be Using This Winter?
When winter rolls around, you need to incorporate products that nourish and hydrate the skin into your clients routine.
A cleanser is arguably one of the most vital parts of any skincare routine. This will ensure that pollutants and anything else that has made their home on your clients skin throughout the day is removed, leaving a blank canvas that’s ready for other products to treat specific concerns.
Here are our TOP 5 Winter Skin Essentials
1. Katherine Daniels Essential Cleansing Milk is our go-to, cleansing the skin whilst protecting its natural lipid barrier to keep the skin plump and hydrated. This barrier provides a layer of natural protection for the skin by stopping environmental stressors from penetrating it as easily, which makes it a very important component for maintaining your overall skin health.
2. In order to thoroughly hydrate your skin, you must use other products such as serums and recommend using our NEW range – Lynton Stem Cell Serum is full of activated plant stem cells, which help speed up cell turnover, resulting in clearer, smoother skin. Our serum also intensely hydrates the epidermis, whilst providing it with integral antioxidants.
3. Mask, mask, mask – we love Katherine Daniels Repairing Nourishing Mask. A Creamy mask that leaves the skin supple, nourished and protected. Combining nourishing oils and the best of marine ingredients, the Repairing Nourishing Mask is perfect for anytime, in particular as the seasons change and to restore the skin’s resilience during harsh extremes of sun, wind and winter wind.
4. Don’t forget your Sunscreen! Yes, even in Winter those sneaky UVA & UVB rays can effect your skin. One of our most popular and versatile SPF options is Brush on Block® SPF 30 mineral Sunscreen. It offers a fast, convenient, and effective way to protect everyone’s skin from the sun, everyday!
5. Pucker up with Lip protection – No matter what time of year, your lips need moisture and sun protection. Brush on Block® Protective Lip Oil provides SPF 32 sun protection without sacrificing moisture. Protective Lip Oil is more than a lip gloss. In fact, it is the only Lip Oil on the market that provides sun protection. The blend of oils and humectants that won’t leave you chapped, combines with natural minerals Titanium Dioxide and Zinc Oxide to protect delicate lips from the sun’s damaging rays. Available in three sophisticated tints, this will be your new lip go-to!
Take Your Skincare A Step Further With Lynton illumiFacial®
You can always take your clients skincare one step further by choosing Lynton illumiFacial® treatment this winter.
Lynton’s illumiFacial® is the next generation in ‘Photofacial’ treatments, using a unique combination of specialist Lynton skincare and powerful, medical-grade IPL technology. It has been designed to illuminate, rejuvenate and nourish the skin, resulting in a flawless, younger-looking appearance.
If you’re a practitioner whose clients are seeking targeted solutions to their winter skincare woes, illumiFacial® is the perfect treatment.
Great Skin is made in Winter
Winter offers the most strategic timing for Advanced Laser and IPL treatments to get those skins glowing safely in time for Summer! With less UV exposure Winter is the perfect time to give your clients skin the boost it needs.
Here are our TOP 3 Winter Skin Treatments
1. IPL – Intense Pulsed light treatment improves appearance of skin redness, reduces brown spots and increases collagen production. It can also help to decrease the look of thread veins, and generally smooth uneven skin texture. IPL is also great way to reduce visible blood vessels on the face and legs, and remove unwanted hair.
2. Laser – This treatment is a great way to rejuvenate your clients skin. Laser treatments can reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles; improve acne scars and dark spots; and create a more even, youthful complexion.
3.CIT(Collagen Induction Therapy) – Also known as Micro needling or dermal needling .This treatment can be done throughout the year to encourage new collagen and improve skins texture. Winter is a great time to create a more intense course of treatments to target specific skin concerns your clients may have.
Lynton 3JUVE – the Ultimate Laser and IPL Skin Rejuvenation Machine
Are you looking for an anti-ageing facial treatment that will leave your clients’ skin looking completely natural? Introduce the 3JUVE® to your aesthetics clinic and you will be on your way to achieving a completely natural look and feel for your clients.
3JUVE allows you to create a bespoke treatment regimen for each client tailored to their specific needs. By delivering optimum stimulation of the dermis and epidermis, you can achieve unprecedented collagen renewal and even skin tone. The results achieved will help you to meet the new, high levels of demand for entirely natural-looking anti-ageing results.
LUMINA® is our most popular Laser and IPL machine.
Due to its unique ability to combine multiple technologies in one, stand-alone aesthetic platform.If you are wanting to build your treatments as your business grows we recommend the Award winning LUMINA® by Lynton Laser it has a secure position as the No.1 professional Laser and IPL machine.
Now is the time to build a thriving aesthetics clinic, offering the most in-demand aesthetic treatments whilst optimising space in your clinic room, the LUMINA® .
The LUMINA® presents the perfect opportunity to dramatically increase your clinic treatment portfolio and revenue capability as you can introduce over 24 different revenue streams to your business without having to invest in numerous devices.
Are you a medical practitioner who is yet to introduce the illumiFacial® or the Lynton skincare and Lasers to your practice?
For more information, or for all other enquiries, you can call us on 0800 406 416 or email [email protected] today.